Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm so crafty


Actually, I am terrible at crafts.  But today I made my FAVORITE CRAFT EVER!  I think I love it so much because I know I will use it year after year.  It's an advent calendar with cute little boxes that we modge podged with christmas paper.  Each day the kids get to open a box and inside will be an idea of something Christmas-y to do.     Like a recipe for snowman soup (see below), read a Christmas story or go to the Nativity.  I know they will love this new tradition.  It was so easy to make, and it was really fun hanging out with the girls at the same time!  We are still looking for things to put in our boxes....  does anyone have any ideas? 


1 individual pack hot chocolate mix
5 Hershey's chocolate kisses
12-17 mini-marshmallows
1 small candy cane

14 comments:

  1. Oh that is stunning!!! Excellent work :) I am also into crafts in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm sticking to our pact!
    BTW... Super fun night and super cute craft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could bhave stayed and made one! I will have to do it alone! Yours looks SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute craft!! looks like a fun night with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I had to delete my comment, cause I referred to your paper as the "ugly paper". It didn't sound as funny in Print. I love your proud picture, yours really turned out gorgeous, I'm not loving mine today, I need the Puzzle Master to come rearrange. So, as it turns out Meg is gone all weekend too, and I'm a lone woman...sad. Good I suppose as I'm just going to head to bed at 7pm! Hope you and Christy get to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think that I should have done some crafts instead of playing xbox with Erik. That would have been quite the surprise for Kira.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I stumbled across your blog... ya! That is such a cute Advent Calendar - where did you come up with the idea? I would love to create something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing new... I keep checking back... but all I see is your smiliey proud face...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Sarah. I love your blog. Sorry about deleting my last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel, I am so excited to "CREEP" onto your blog and look at the cool stuff that you have been doing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that advent calendar, I want to make one, but probably won't get around to it!!! Sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "We are still looking for things to put in our boxes.... does anyone have any ideas?"

    That's what she said...

    ReplyDelete